There is visible a direct relationship between the increase of young people who aren´t neither in employment nor study and increase of unemployment rate in Galicia region. The Galician youth population was 173 127 in 2013 and amount of NEETs was 34 798 (18 743 of men and 16 011 of women).
The Galician NEET rate is slightly lower in comparison with national Spanish average (20 % versus 24 %), however is higher than the average of the European Union which represents 17 %. 
Regarding the level of education attained by young people aged between 15 and 29 years:
- 3 121 out of 62 421 young people between 15 and 17 years are NEETs and have passed the primary level and/or compulsory-lower secondary education;
- 34 798 out of 173 127 young people aged 18 to 24 years are NEETs and have passed the primary level and compulsory secondary education totaling 27007.8 and 14542.7 have studied university education;
- 37607 out of 155 402 aged 25 to 29 years are NEETs and have passed the primary level and compulsory secondary education a total of 25952.1 and 19891.5 have studied university education.
- Full report on :
- Current Neets situations in Spain full report – sp – pdf : Partners Report_XUVENTUDE
- Current Neets situations inSoain full report – en – pdf : Partners Report_XUVENTUDE-en